Edmonton Salutes promotes and recognizes our local military community contributions, both at home and abroad, toward world peace, security and stability. It further reinforces the message that military personnel and their families are valued members of the Edmonton Capital Region.
Edmonton Salutes was first established as an administrative committee in 1997 and then became a Committee of Council on July 3, 2007.
Edmonton Salutes meets the fourth Friday of the month from 9-11am.
Currently, Edmonton Salutes' members are meeting via Google Meet. If you wish to participate in a meeting, please email: email@example.com for a meeting link.
For past minutes and agendas, please contact the Edmonton Salutes Committee Administration.
|October 22, 2021|
|October 15, 2021
Special Meeting - New Member Orientation
|September 24, 2021|
|June 25, 2021|
|May 28, 2021|
City of Edmonton Representative
|Name of Appointee||First Appointed||Term Expiry Date|
|Councillor Jon Dziadyk||Oct 24/17||Dec 31/21|
The Committee is composed of up to 15 members:
- One Councillor, appointed by Edmonton City Council
- One representative appointed by each of the following organizations:
- Edmonton Chamber of Commerce
- Edmonton Economic Development Corporation
- Edmonton Northlands
- Edmonton Regional Airports Authority
- Edmonton United Services Institute
- Military Family Resource Centre
- Royal Canadian Legion
- Urban Development Institute
- Up to six community representatives appointed by the Committee
- Edmonton and area military branches plus government bodies may each appoint a representative to serve in an advisory capacity