Our city is enriched by the contributions of persons with disabilities. Our community is strengthened when everyone is included.
The Accessibility Advisory Committee (AAC) provides advice and recommendations to Council about facilities and other infrastructure, programs, services, activities and policies. This aims to improve the City's livability, inclusiveness and accessibility for individuals with disabilities.
The Committee may:
- Identify and engage stakeholder groups and seek their input into the Committee's work.
- Conduct research and prepare reports on effective mitigation or modification strategies (for matters within the Committee's mandate) that would help individuals with disabilities to more fully participate in the community.
- Examine City information regarding current City facilities and infrastructure, programs, public services, activities and policies, to identify where they could create issues or barriers for individuals with disabilities. At the City Manager's request and where confidentiality issues permit, proposals can be examined as well.
- Work with the City Manager to develop and maintain a dialogue about matters of concern to individuals with disabilities.
- Assist Council and the City Manager to develop strategies, programs and policies to attract, recruit and retain individuals with disabilities as employees and to serve on Council's committees or initiatives.
- Participate in and support community events that raise awareness of inclusion and accessibility issues.
Information about Serving on the Board
Online applications to fill Committee vacancies are accepted in the annual December/January Recruitment Campaign.
The committee meets on the second Monday of each month in the Heritage Room, City Hall from 4:30-6:30pm. Currently, AAC members are meeting via Google meet. If you wish to participate in a meeting, please email: email@example.com for a meeting link.
|July 10, 2023|
|June 12, 2023|
|May 08, 2023|
|April 17, 2023||Strategic Planning Session (no attachment available)|
|March 13, 2023||Strategic Planning Session (no attachment available)|
|February 13, 2023|
|January 9, 2023||Strategic Planning Session (no attachment available)|
|Name of Appointee||First Appointed||Term|
|Councillor Keren Tang||Nov 10/21||Organizational Meeting in 2024|
|Councillor Jo-Anne Wright||Nov 10/21||Organizational Meeting in 2024|
Name of Appointees
Term Expiry Date
|David Achuroa||May 01/22||Apr 30/24|
|Dana Antaya-Moore (Vice-Chair)||May 01/22||Apr 30/24|
|Bobbi Belsek||May 01/22||Apr 30/24|
|Carleen Brenneis||May 25/20||Apr 30/24|
|Marie Dancsok||May 01/22||Apr 30/24|
|Karima Ewig||May 01/23||Apr 30/24|
|Patricia Kocon||May 25/20||Apr 30/24|
|Tonia LaRiviere (Chair)||May 01/18||Apr 30/24|
|Samantha Mason||May 01/23||Apr 30/24|
|Douglas Rudolph||May 01/22||Apr 30/24|
|Patricia Rzechowka||May 01/22||Apr 30/24|
|Cynthia Sneddon||May 01/22||Apr 30/24|
|Ilara Stefaniuk-Gaudet||May 01/21||Apr 30/24|
|Marcy Vautour||May 01/21||Apr 30/24|
|Zachary Weeks (Vice-Chair)||May 01/21||Apr 30/24|
Accessibility and Design
Policies and Bylaws
ABSPD Mandate (2012-2013)