Skip to main content
Main page content begins here
The East Widening project upgraded Yellowhead Trail to 6 lanes, from 61 Street to the North Saskatchewan River. Construction is now complete with minor work to be completed in 2022.
This map shows where changes were completed from 61 Street to the North Saskatchewan River.
Overhead signage and additional landscaping to be completed.
Construction completed. Upgrades include:
- Widening of the eastbound lanes
- Removal of the existing northbound to eastbound ramp at Victoria Trail
- Realigning the existing Victoria Trail loop ramp to accommodate northbound traffic
- Completion of drainage work and lighting
- Installation of a median barrier between 50 Street and Victoria Trail
Construction Contact Information:
Contractor Project Manager: Michael Stang
City of Edmonton Project Manager: Bryon Heroux
Construction Bulletin - April 2021
First year of construction. Upgrades included:
- Widening westbound Yellowhead Trail to 3 lanes between 61 Street and the North Saskatchewan River
- Constructing new drainage ponds
- Early construction work for eastbound widening
The City values public input and recognizes its importance in identifying the needs of all Edmontonians. See Program History to learn more.
What We Heard Report
Yellowhead Trail Is Changing
Stay informed with program updates and opportunities to have your say in shaping the new Yellowhead Trail.