The Dawson Bridge is a five-span riveted steel through-truss structure that carries 2 lanes of traffic over the North Saskatchewan River between the Riverdale and Forest Heights neighbourhoods. The bridge provides an important link that connects the city center to neighbourhoods in the east.
The bridge was originally built in 1912 to carry electric trains to a coal mine on the east bank of the North Saskatchewan River, it was later converted to carry vehicles. The bridge also accommodates significant bike and pedestrian traffic. The bridge is listed in the Register of Historic Resources in Edmonton and Alberta Historic Resources Management Branch.