Check out this map showing the proposed road changes.
As of April 29, 2021, Yellowhead Trail is reduced to two lanes in both directions between 156 Street and St Albert Trail. Left turns to and from Yellowhead Trail, at 145 Street and 143 Street, are closed.
Existing intersections at 149 Street and 142 Street will be closed, and there will be no direct access to Yellowhead Trail from these streets. Road users will access Yellowhead Trail at the nearest interchange, at either 156 Street or St. Albert Trail.
All other access directly to Yellowhead Trail will be removed, including at 143 Street, existing service roads and existing business accesses.
One-way service roads will be built on the north and south sides of Yellowhead Trail to provide access to businesses and properties.
This project is anticipated to be complete by the end of 2023.
Construction Update - Winter 2022
Construction started in 2021 and is ongoing between 156 Street to St. Albert Trail.
- Road work will continue on Yellowhead Trail and along 149 Street in spring 2023.
- Drainage installations will continue over the winter along portions of Yellowhead Trail.
- Construction of the retaining wall will continue over the winter under the north end of St. Albert Trail bridge. Construction of the retaining wall under the north end of the 156 Street bridge will resume in spring 2023.
- Utility work is ongoing between 156 Street to St. Albert Trail.
- Building demolition is complete and construction of storm ponds at the southwest corner of Yellowhead Trail and 142 Street will continue over the winter.
- Dovercourt noise wall replacement is complete.
Two lanes of traffic along Yellowhead Trail will be open during peak hours. There will be times overnight that only 1 lane in each direction will be open on Yellowhead Trail. The speed limit may be reduced to 40km/hour in construction zones and we ask the public to be mindful of signs and construction crews as they travel through the area.