Check out this map showing the proposed road changes.
Existing intersections at 149 Street and 142 Street will be closed, and there will be no direct access to Yellowhead Trail from these streets. Road users will access Yellowhead Trail at the nearest interchange, at either 156 Street or St. Albert Trail.
All other access directly to Yellowhead Trail will be removed, including at 143 Street, existing service roads and existing business accesses.
One-way service roads will be built on the north and south sides of Yellowhead Trail to provide access to businesses and properties.
Construction Update - Summer 2021
Construction has started between 156 Street to St. Albert Trail. This is the first year of construction and is anticipated to be complete by the end of 2023.
2021 Construction Activities
- Road work on eastbound Yellowhead Trail, from 156 Street to 149 Street and 142 Street to St. Albert Trail, including retaining walls
- Road work on the westbound off-ramp at 156 Street and off-ramp at St. Albert Trail
- Road work on 149 Street north of Yellowhead Trail and along the connecting business service roads at 126 Avenue at Yellowhead Trail
- Utility work between 156 Street to St. Albert Trail. Work will begin on the eastbound lanes and will transition to the westbound lanes in the fall
- Dovercourt noise wall replacement
- Building demolition may start this year, and will continue into 2022 and 2023
Two lanes of traffic along Yellowhead Trail will be open during peak hours. There will be times during off-peak hours and overnight that only 1 lane in each direction on Yellowhead Trail be open. The speed limit will be reduced to 60 km/hour in construction zones and we ask the public to be mindful of signs and construction crews as they travel through the area.
Information Session Video (June 9, 2021)