Business Licence Requirements
- Apply Online: APPLY
- Payment of the applicable $94 licence fee.
- A development permit for a major home-based business is required if the operator/host resides at the rental premises which includes a bed and breakfast operation.
- A building permit may be required if there are changes to the physical floor plan of the property.
- Provide guests with a copy of the Short-Term Residential Rental Accommodation: Information for Guests guide
- The City will notify Alberta Health Services when your licence is issued. Alberta Health Services may follow up with you to ensure compliance with health regulations.
You may require additional permits such as a Secondary or Garden Suites.
Hosts who are planning to develop a Secondary Suite or Garden Suite must also obtain a Development Permit and Building Permit before any construction can take place. A Building Permit is also required for any residential construction inside the home to accommodate a short-term rental, such as adding a new bedroom or finishing a basement.