A business that creates erotic videos, or provides entertainment or amenities on the premises that are designed to appeal to erotic or sexual appetites or inclinations. Does not include an Exotic Entertainment Venue, Body Rub Centre, Escort Agency, or Retail Sales.
Typical examples of businesses that fit into this category include:
- Adult movie theatres
- Adult film producers
- Erotic social clubs; and
- Erotic bath houses
- General application requirements
- The business may be subject to additional zoning, development permit and building permit requirements.
- The City will determine which categories apply to a licence based on the description of business activities. Multiple categories may be required.
- Valid, government-issued photo identification showing that the licensee is at least 18 years of age (non-corporate applicants only)
- A recent Police Information Check (PIC) for every owner, partner, director, officer, agent and manager of the business
- PICs must be from the Edmonton Police Service. Documents from the RCMP, another police service, or a private company are not accepted.
- PICs must be less than 90 days old.
- If you have already supplied PICs for another licensed business within the previous 12 months, you may not need to provide additional PICs at this time. Contact us at 780-442-5054 or firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
The following agencies will be consulted for a recommendation before a licence may be issued:
- Edmonton Police Service
- Fire Rescue Services
External Agency Notifications
The following agencies will be notified of these applications and may have additional requirements outside the City’s jurisdiction:
- Alberta Health Services
The licensee must follow these regulations:
- Refuse entry to, or remove from the premises any person who is under 18 years of age