The Community Standards Bylaw regulates noise in the community that results in the disturbance of peace of another individual.

The City of Edmonton’s Community Standards Peace Officers (CSPOs) enforce certain types of noise from:

  • Machinery
  • Commercial enterprises
  • Garbage trucks
  • Construction

To make a complaint on any of the above, please call 311.

CSPO focus continues to be on loud cars and trucks while the Edmonton Police Service (EPS) enforces excessive noise caused by people (such as loud parties) and noise from motor vehicles with a focus on motorcycle noise.