Permits are required for home addition projects such as:
- Extending the main floor, such as adding a room
- Adding a bay window
- Sunrooms and other three-season rooms
- Covered decks, patios and porches
- Attached pergolas
- Attached garages and carports
- Adding second or third floors
Are you building a stand-alone structure such as a freestanding gazebo, pergola, or shed that is not attached to the house?
Accessory structures such as gazebos, pergolas, and sheds that are not attached to the house require accessory building permits. Please see the detached garage, shed, and gazebo page for more information.