Emily Murphy Park is on the south bank of the North Saskatchewan River, and carries the name of a well known women’s rights activist. Located adjacent to Groat Road, it is nestled in the beautiful River Valley.
Features and Amenities
- Picnic sites (30 on a first come, first served basis, and 2 sites for booking)
- Small craft boat launch (under Groat Road Bridge)
- Walking trails
- Parking (may be limited during festivals and events)
- Emergency blue phone
- Accessible washrooms
- Accessible parking stalls
- Curb cuts to a number of accessible picnic sites
- Sheltered picnic site #1 is large, paved and has a paved path to the washrooms
- Accessible viewpoint near the river
Connecting Parks and Green Spaces
To the east you will find pathways leading to Kinsmen Park.
To the west you will find William Hawrelak Park.
Across Groat Road you will find Government House Park to the West and Victoria Park to the East.
Nearby Facilities and Attractions