Starting May 1, 2022 until October 10, 2022, responsible alcohol consumption will be permitted at 124 picnic sites across 18 parks within the City of Edmonton. For a list of picnic sites and parks where consumption is permitted visit edmonton.ca/alcoholinparks.
The City of Edmonton boasts some of the most beautiful and scenic picnic areas in all of Alberta. Located in the heart of the City's parks, our picnic sites are available for reservation (for a guaranteed spot) or on a first-come, first-served basis.
Groups of less than 50 people are free to use the drop in picnic sites scattered throughout the parks. Reservations are required for groups of more than 50, or those requiring special services.
Different picnic sites offer different amenities to fit your needs as well as additional services, such as power or vehicle access. Some of these come with additional fees and conditions of use.
Picnic Site Bookings
- Picnic site reservations for dates between May 1 and October 10 can now be completed online. You can also check site availability. See MoveLearnPlay
- Picnic site reservations are pre-packaged in specific timeslots of 10am-2pm and 4-8pm, with a minimum reservation time of 4 hours for summer 2022
- Please consider the capacity and amenities of your chosen picnic site
- Picnic site capacity is based on the number of tables. Each table seats 6-8 people.
- All picnic site reservations must be made a minimum of 7 days in advance
- Your permit will match up with a reservation sign or a picnic shelter at your picnic location
- If you require additional services, such as power or vehicle access where available, please select the appropriate package on MoveLearnPlay. These services must be booked in advance and come with additional fees and conditions of use.
- Permission for bouncy castles and other inflatable equipment (where available) must be requested at the time of booking and come with additional fees and conditions of use.
- You may be contacted by the Bookings Office after completing your reservation in regards to the logistics of your event.