Construction Update - November 2023
Neighbourhood Renewal construction in Garneau has wrapped up for the 2023 construction season!
2023 construction began in May and was finished the first week of November. The 2023 construction season was a success and we completed all planned construction including:
- The reconstruction of roads, sidewalks, curbs and gutters and new street lights in the following areas:
- 86 Avenue from 109 Street to 107 Street
- 108A Street north of 86 Avenue
- 108 Street north of 86 Avenue
- 85 Avenue from 109 Street to 107 Street
- 84 Avenue from 109 Street to 107 Street
- 108 Street from 82 Avenue to 86 Avenue
- 84 Avenue from 112 Street to 111 Street
- 86 Avenue from 112 Street to 111 Street
- 111 Street from 86 Avenue to 87 Avenue
- In addition, a new multi-use road and shared-use path connecting to the new 107 Street park was also constructed as part of the 2023 scope of work
There are some areas in the 2023 construction area that still require sod. Once the weather warms up, typically in early May, the landscape subcontractor will be completing the topsoil and sod placement. By waiting until spring, the sod is more likely to establish.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we completed neighbourhood renewal construction in Garneau.
Neighbourhood renewal in Garneau was completed on time and on budget.