Project Update – Spring 2023
Design of the footbridge is complete. The footbridge is expected to begin construction in spring 2024.
The last round of public engagement was completed in late 2021. Feedback shared by the public and stakeholders has been reviewed along with the project vision and principles, technical requirements and policy factors. Based on this, the designs have been refined to include:
- A two-span bridge design option
- Lighting integrated into the railing, improving user safety and experience
- A distinctive girder and railing design, ensuring an appealing, yet simple and functional design
- The addition of bike racks and posts (bollards) to prevent vehicle access at the north amenity zone
- Minor adjustments to the location, size and design of the amenity areas to ensure adequate space and separation for all users