Bus Stop Characteristics:
- Bus stops in the middle of the block are 45 metres long unless otherwise posted.
- On-street parking and stopping are prohibited within a bus stop.
- Bus stops are commonly found along roads in residential areas, light industrial areas, central business districts and major thoroughfares
- Bus stops are positioned immediately after intersections (on the far side of the intersection) to ensure safety for both pedestrians and vehicles.
- The bus stop includes a sign, with a concrete pad, and a bus bench or bus shelter at some locations.
- Signage is designed to be highly visible, particularly in low light conditions. Information on these signs includes the routes that service that stop, the four or five digit Bus Stop number, and the BusLink phone number
- Prospective home buyers should be aware that bus stop locations in new subdivisions are established prior to residential construction. In most cases, the bus stop includes a concrete pad and/or lengths of upright curbing.
- Should there be a snow buildup and you can't get to your bus stop, call Roadways at 311. For further information you can also refer to Snow in the City.
ETS Bus Stop
Future ETS Bus Stop