Be Rail Safe
From September 20-26, Rail Safety Week reminds people of the importance of always being safe around trains, tracks and rail crossings.
Remember to look both ways before safely crossing LRT tracks, and to always walk your bicycle, scooter, skateboard, etc. when you are on platforms and at rail crossings.
- Only use designated rail crossings to cross tracks safely.
- Do not cross LRT tracks when warning lights are flashing and bells are ringing. Look both ways before crossing tracks to ensure it’s safe.
- For everyone’s safety, do not bike, scoot, skateboard, and so on when you see a train approaching or waiting at a platform.
Remember, another train is just minutes away.
- Capital Line trains come every 5 minutes during rush hour. If you can’t make this train, the next one is just behind it.
- If you need to make a connection, consider leaving slightly earlier--you won’t wait long on the platform.
Until warning bells and lights turn off, the safest place to be is behind crossing arms and gates. Just because one train clears a crossing doesn’t mean another train isn’t coming from the other direction on the other tracks. For everyone’s safety, do not bike, scoot, skateboard, or such when you see a train approaching or stopped at a platform.