Join the Advisory Group
We are recruiting for new members! Applications are open until October 31, 2021.
Information about Serving on the Advisory Group
Applications to fill voluntary Advisory Group vacancies are now being accepted for the 2022-2023 term. We need new members to bring perspective on pest management, the health of Edmontonians and to support the ongoing implementation of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Policy C501A.
We are specifically looking to recruit at least 1 member to provide perspective on how pest management choices can affect public health. If you have experience or interest in public health or toxicology, please consider applying today.
Download the PDF application form.
For more information on the application process, contact us at email@example.com
The Integrated Pest Management Advisory Group’s mandate is to provide strategic advice on integrated pest management issues. This includes recommendations to the Administration about integrated pest management (IPM) and facilitating public perspective on IPM issues in order to support the ongoing implementation of the Integrated Pest Management Policy C501A.
The Committee may:
- Identify and engage stakeholder groups and seek their input into the Advisory Group’s work.
- Work with City Administration to develop and maintain dialogue about matters of concern from the public.
- Provide strategic advice on emerging issues and opportunities for public and stakeholder engagement.
- Provide perspective on consultation between the City of Edmonton, identified stakeholder groups and the community at large concerning IPM matters.
- Examine City information regarding current IPM operational plans and practices.
- Provide perspective on IPM activities that address human health and safety, long-term ecosystem sustainability and efficacy against target pest(s).
- Raise new and unexplored IPM issues relevant to the City of Edmonton.