Main page content begins here

The Edmonton Incline Railway was completed in 1908 to move people and goods from Ross Flats to downtown. The 230 foot long Edmonton Incline Railway was the brainchild of some of Edmonton’s early entrepreneurs, and was the result of commercial and industrial activities in the early 1900s. While initially successful, the venture was short lived, and the railway closed permanently in 1911.

It took just over 2 years of planning to break ground on the project.

Construction took less than 10 months to complete.

The railway was in operation for 4 years.

Operations ceased in 1911.

For More Information

City of Edmonton Archives

Prince of Wales Armouries, 2nd floor
10440 108 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta

Email cms.archives@edmonton.ca
Website http://archivesphotos.edmonton.ca/

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content