We are reducing in-person services. This includes Edmonton Service Centre located at the Edmonton Tower and other locations, which are closed. This is to protect everyone’s health and safety. Learn how you can still access services at edmonton.ca/ServiceChanges
Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) permits and inspections for commercial, industrial and multi-unit residential buildings.
Includes kitchen exhaust systems, make up air units, spray applications, roof-top units, dust collecting systems and ventilation systems.
For heating, ventilation, and air conditioning work inside a home see HVAC Permit.
When a project involves a general contractor, HVAC permits are attached to building permit.
Contact your general contractor to be added to the online HVAC permit application.
- Most HVAC projects will also require a building permit. See Do I Need a Permit? for more information.
- C-2 schedules must be signed by an engineer and submitted a minimum 2 business days prior to requesting a final inspection.
- Pending request volumes, inspections may not occur on the date requested.
- Due to the “spot check” and “point in time” nature of inspections, safety codes officers will not review all work in all areas.
- A limited number of inspections are included in the value of a permit. See Which Inspections Do I Need? for more information.