- Pending request volumes, inspections may not occur on the date requested.
- Due to the “spot check” and “point in time” nature of inspections, Safety Codes Officers will not review all work in all areas.
- A limited number of inspections are included in the value of a permit. See Which Inspections Do I Need? for more information.
- When projects have a general contractor, the electrical permit is issued in conjunction with the building permit. Contact your general contractor to be added to the electrical permit application.
- An electrical permit includes inspections for one main service and one electrical “house” meter. Inspections of additional meters require additional electrical permits.
- Installation of or alterations to fire signaling systems require a building permit in addition to an electrical permit.
- A stand-alone minimum-fee permit is required for pad-mounted transformers. Permits are issued by the City of Edmonton, however inspections are coordinated through EPCOR.
See Which Permits Do I Need? for more information about permit requirements.