Construction Update - July 2021
Construction will begin on Heritage Valley District Park in summer 2021!
Construction was initially planned to begin in late spring/early summer 2021. It took longer than anticipated to bring a contractor on board and as a result, some of the work planned in 2021 was shifted to 2022 and some elements were removed from the project to ensure it remained on budget.
Thelegend is the best source to understand the breakdown of construction work for Stage 1 (2021) and Stage 2 (2022).
- Combination field (#2) - the field adjacent to Dr. Anne Anderson School
- The field will be sodded instead of seeded to decrease establishment time
- Multi-use field (#8)
- High performance fields with irrigation (#3)
- Only 2 of the fields located in Stage 1 will have irrigation. Irrigation infrastructure for the 2 fields located in Stage 2 has been permanently removed from the scope of the project.
- U9 soccer pitch (#1)
- U11 baseball diamond (#4)
- Full sized baseball diamond (#5)
- Shared use pathway (#6)
- Site furniture, including benches, will still be installed along the trail
- Sliding hill (#7)
- Outdoor classroom (#9)
- Park sign (#10)
- Amphitheatre (#11)
- Public Art Work (#19)