The new areas are incorporated into the Southeast and Southwest divisions policed by Edmonton Police Service (EPS). Services will be provided consistent with the rest of the city.
In case of an emergency, call 911. For non-emergency assistance, call 780-423-4567, or visit edmontonpolice.ca. You can also Report a Crime Online.
Residents West of Highway 2
Visit the Southwest Division Police Station
1351 Windermere Way
Residents East of Highway 2
Visit the Southeast Division Police Station
#104 Youville Drive East (24 Avenue and 58 Street)
Statutory Holidays: Closes
For anonymous Crime Stoppers tips, call 1-800-222-8477 or visit p3tips.com/250.
EPS always keeps one police car available in each division to respond to emergencies should one arise. Each officer devotes 25% of each shift to crime prevention, with the remaining 75% dedicated to response. These arrangements help EPS respond to Priority One calls in seven minutes or less, 80% of the time.
EPS has hired additional personnel to ensure the new areas are well served. Officers patrol the region targeting criminal activity, conducting traffic enforcement, and participating in community safety initiatives.
Rural Crime Watch continues. Residents are also encouraged to learn more about Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) to improve the safety and security of their property.
Security alarms need to be verified by monitoring companies before the police will respond, unless there are extenuating circumstances.