Help our Collectors Stay Safe
The warm weather is inspiring household and yard clean up. For your collector’s safety and your own, it is important to:
- Keep your black garbage bag light when you fill it with leaves and lawn thatch. Your collector will appreciate if you keep it under 15 kg.
- Tie your branches and brush into small bundles no more than 1.2 m (4 ft) in length, and weighing no more than you can easily lift.
- Ensure a clear line of access to your waste on collection day. Park your vehicle off the street on collection day, if possible.
- Place garbage and recycling bags as close to the street or alley as possible; avoid placing waste on top or behind dirt piles.
- If your waste is collected in the alley, be sure to trim overhanging tree branches to allow easy access for garbage trucks.