The Integrated Processing and Transfer Facility (IPTF) is where waste arrives at the EWMC and is separated into 3 waste streams: organics processing, refuse derived fuel production and landfill.
Facility features include:
- Two 120 ton rotating screens with bag breaking "spikes" to separate materials into different streams
- Manual pick stations, magnets and other equipment to remove unprocessable materials
- A conveyor belt to separate organic waste materials for processing in the Anaerobic Digestion Facility and send non-recyclable, non-compostable waste to the Refuse Derived Fuel Plant
- Bays to load material unsuitable for recycling, composting or gasification into trailers for transport to landfill
- The IPTF is owned and operated by the City of Edmonton and maintained by Fluor Driver