Recycled concrete aggregate is made up of concrete from sidewalks, pavement, curbing and building slabs that have been crushed and screened into 63 millimetres size. The screening process removes any leftover steel pieces such as rebar.
The typical composition of our recycled concrete aggregate is:
- 65% concrete
- 25% asphalt
- 10% other materials (soil cement, brick, granular and other recyclable material)
Recycled concrete aggregate can be used as:
- A residential base when installing a new driveway, walkway or patio
- A commercial or municipal base for parking lots, roads or pipe laying
- Riprap revetments to control streambank erosion
- Filler for stacked cages to create privacy and retaining walls
Recycled concrete aggregate is less expensive than natural material.
Recycling concrete requires less energy and resources than extracting and crushing natural material, reducing the impact on the natural environment. Recycling material also prevents it from being sent to landfill.
It can be used for a variety of applications including commercial construction and home improvement projects.
It is as safe and durable as natural material.