The Edmonton Sport Council is a non-profit society with the following objectives:
- To advance the physical literacy journey of all Edmontonians through quality sport and active recreation experiences and environments.
- To catalyze new connections, collaborations and partnerships to advance physical literacy of Edmontonians and participation in sport and active recreation.
- To foster and develop the recognition of the importance of sport and active recreation in Edmonton.
- To advance alignment of the sport and active recreation system in Edmonton.
- To facilitate access to expertise, education and training in the areas of physical literacy, sport and active recreation by Edmonton organizations.
- To facilitate access to valuable information and resources by the Edmonton sport and recreation community.
- To facilitate ongoing, regular connection and information sharing by interested Edmonton organizations.
City of Edmonton Advisor
|Council Member Appointee||First Appointed||Term Expiry Date|
|Councillor Tim Cartmell||Sep 12/23||AGM in 2025|
The Board meets nine times a year inclusive of the Annual General Meeting.