Effective November 4, the ACCC will resume the intake of all stray animals which now includes feral cats and cats brought into ACCC in a trap. ACCC continues to suspend all walk-in services. An admittance appointment is required for all services including if you need to claim your pet or want an animal scanned for a microchip. Appointments can be made by calling 311 or visiting edmonton.ca/pets.
Priority will be given to those animals that are:
- In distress
- Injured (wounds, limping, bleeding)
- Visibly ill (thin, weak, not mobile, any discharge from eyes or nose)
- Very pregnant (imminent birth)
- Kittens under two months who appear to have no mother
- Outside when the temperatures have dropped below -20 degrees Celsius with the windchill and where the finder is unable to bring the animal inside
All ACCC services listed above are by appointment only. Appointments can now be made by calling 311 or using the online form.