Community Standards Peace Officers
The Community Standards Peace Officers respond to "on the spot" bylaw enforcement needs, such as after-hours construction noise and people driving with unsecured loads.
These Officers are out in neighbourhoods and on public roads. They can be a great resource for any bylaw questions or concerns. While they can enforce any bylaw, but they are focusing on five main things:
- Vehicles driving with an unsecured or poorly-secured load
- People dumping snow, dirt, garbage or anything else illegally on public and private property
- People obstructing a public road
- Illegal signs or other visual obstructions along roadways
- Construction or industrial noise
The Community Standards Peace Officers will also respond to any bylaw concerns that requires an immediate response. Complaints will normally be investigated within 24 hours.