A City of Edmonton-issued vehicle licence is required for the following vehicles for hire operating in the City of Edmonton:
- Taxis and Accessible Taxis
- Private Transportation Provider vehicles
A City of Edmonton-issued vehicle licence is not required for vehicles operating for transportation network companies.
- Each vehicle can only be issued one type of vehicle licence.
- Vehicles are licensed and regulated by the City to ensure that the vehicle for hire is a safe option for travel
- You can apply for a vehicle licence by submitting your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A mechanical inspection of the vehicle is required annually and is the owner's responsibility
- A current and valid Mechanical Inspection Certificate Form must be kept in the vehicle at all times
A City of Edmonton-issued vehicle licence does not preclude the need for having an up-to-date and registered Government of Alberta licence.