The streets are a very dangerous place for a dog and someone is missing this family member. Thank you for saving it.
- Take the dog for a walk throughout your neighbourhood and ask neighbours if they recognize it. Hanging posters on mailboxes and putting leaflets in doors is also a successful way of tracking down a dog’s owner.
- Go online with PetLynx, an online 24 hour service that lists found pets so people looking can access the service any time of day. If you register the found pet, owners looking will be emailed automatically whenever a matching found animal is entered into the system.
- Found pets are often listed on sites like Kijiji and Craigslist, so be sure to post on those. Social media is a powerful tool for getting your message seen. Post a picture of the dog on Edmonton Lost Pets and Edmonton and Area Lost Pets Facebook pages. They have a large amount of dedicated followers that will watch for lost pet reports. Community social media pages should also be considered.
- During business hours, call 311 and they will coordinate an Animal Control Peace Officer to pick up the animal from you.
- If it is after business hours, please keep the animal safe until morning or take it to as they offer 24-hour emergency service and receives lost pets on the City’s behalf.