Main page content begins here

Everything you need to know about owning or interacting with a cat within the city limits.

Are you thinking about getting a cat? Do you already own a cat? Is someone’s cat being a nuisance?

Learn how to handle nuisance cats, what to do if you lost or found a cat, and all animal bylaws specific to felines including licencing.

What to do when you find a lost cat in Edmonton.

Find out what to do if you've lost your cat within City of Edmonton boundaries.

The Barn Buddy Program is now accepting applications. 

Information to help you deal with an unwanted cat roaming on your property.

Learn more about your application options, the fees and what you need to know as a responsible cat owner.

Pet ownership is regulated under the Animal Licensing and Control Bylaw.

For More Information

Animal Care & Control Centre

13550 - 163 Street
Edmonton, AB

Facility information and hours


In Edmonton: 311

Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311

Fax 780-496-8824

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content