In late-2022, crews finished work on the Stadium Station redevelopment project. The redevelopment work consisted of:
- A new platform on the west side of the tracks for event traffic from Commonwealth Stadium
- The addition of heated shelters, security office and public washrooms
- New street-level ramps at the end of each platform
- New open-design overhead roof canopy
- New public art installation, benches and furnishings
- Updating and relocating the communications and electrical rooms
The redeveloped station will provide pedestrians and cyclists access on both sides of the tracks, helping to improve connectivity between Commonwealth Stadium, Commonwealth Recreation Centre and the nearby Stadium Yards community.
Throughout the project, Stadium Station remained fully operational, which involved the project team working closely with contractors, ETS and the events team for Commonwealth Stadium to minimize impacts to customers throughout the renovations.