You will need a development permit, a building permit (if you plan to do any interior or exterior construction to your retail space), and a business licence before an Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis (AGLC) Commission retail cannabis store licence will be issued to you. The City of Edmonton will begin accepting additional development permit applications for cannabis retail sales by email on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Tuesday August 28, 2018 at 8am.