To apply to the Outdoor On-street Market Program, complete the application form. You will need to include the following in your application, either by attaching to your online application or sending by email:
- Market site plan
- Emergency response plan
- Proof of public engagement
- Proof of insurance documents*
*It is preferred that insurance documentation be sent via email. After you submit your application, further instruction can be found in the email you will receive after you submit.
More information on these items can be found in the submission requirements section in the Recurring On-street Market Program Guidelines. Please note that incomplete submissions will impact the review timelines and the City’s ability to approve your application.
Throughout the application process the following items may be required:
- Meeting with the City to review the details of your proposal
- Making any necessary adjustments to the Emergency Response Plan based on feedback received from Edmonton Fire Rescue Services
- Conducting any additional public engagement identified through the application review process
- Making any necessary adjustments to your market site plan to:
- Address internal stakeholder feedback
- Mitigate traffic operation issues identified during the development of the Traffic Accommodation Plan
- Accommodate feedback received through your public engagement activities
Once the City review is complete you will receive the Licence of Occupation to review and sign. Once signed, the City will then sign and send to you, a fully executed copy of the Licence of Occupation.
For more information on application requirements and applying for other permits you may need to operate your market, like temporary traffic controls or building permits, refer to the Recurring On-street Market Program Guidelines.