City Council appoints citizens to approximately 20 boards and encourages those with a desire to share their passion, time and skills to serve as volunteer board members.
Interested in serving on a board? Follow these simple steps
- Take a look at the opportunities outlined on the current recruitment campaigns page.
- Link to the board's civic agency webpage to review the mandate and other board information, along with the board's contact details.
- View the recruitment profile to review the qualifications for new members, time commitment, plus expectations and activities of the Board.
- Choose the boards (up to three) that match your interest, skills and time availability. Citizens may only participate in one City agency at a time, unless Council determines otherwise. City Policy C575C, Section 9 (d).
- Apply using the Taleo Online Application System, and attach a resume plus three written letters of reference (a Letter of Interest is optional). References should be from individuals that can comment on the relevant qualities, skills or knowledge you possess.
If you have any trouble meeting the deadline, or need assistance with the online Taleo application system, please call the Civic Agencies Coordinator.
Most board opportunities are volunteer; however, a few do offer remuneration because of their responsibilities and required time commitment. Preference is given to residents of Edmonton.
Short listed applicants will be asked to provide a brief biography and, if they are appointed as a Board Member, this information will be included in the City Council minutes as an introduction to City Council and the citizens of Edmonton.
Most appointments are for one year, renewable for up to six consecutive years. Prior to reappointment, board members are evaluated. The evaluation criteria are outlined in Schedule 2 - re-appointment form (Summary of Evaluations for Members Eligible for Re-appointment) to City Policy C575C - Agencies, Boards, Committees and Commissions.