New Application Process

To obtain a permit to temporarily place a commercial waste bin, POD, or SeaCan on City road right of way, you must now apply for an On-Street Construction and Maintenance (OSCAM) Permit.

With an approved OSCAM permit, a commercial waste bin, POD, or SeaCan may be placed on City Road right of way for the period approved in the permit.

  • A servicing address/titled lot must be provided with your application
  • All bins shall be retro-reflective, or shall have temporary traffic control placed to provide retro-reflectivity
  • All bins shall comply with the City of Edmonton Traffic Bylaw 5590, section 66 regarding Highway Obstruction

A daily permitting fee related to the placement on street of commercial waste bins, PODs or SeaCans is planned, however this fee is currently on hold until further notice. Further information regarding the upcoming fee will be provided in advance of its implementation.

Request a Permit