2020 Program Changes
- The Southeast Recycling Site and the West Recycling Site will accept concrete/rubble from residents, City-related projects and private contractors.
These changes shall be in effect for the 2020 season.
For more information regarding alternative recycling sites, email email@example.com or phone 780-496-5698.
Materials will be inspected to ensure they don’t exceed the maximum sizes and are free of contaminants.
- Asphalt millings
- Bricks and paving stones
- Concrete rubble
- Concrete (mesh free)
- Concrete (with embedded rebar)
- Soil cement
- Stucco (mesh free)
Material Size Limits
|Material||Minimum Size||Maximum Size|
|Concrete rubble||None||80cm x 80cm
(30" x 30")
|Mesh-free rebar||None||32" in length|
All loads will be inspected upon arrival. Certificate of recycling available for LEED projects.
Materials Not Accepted
Any materials that are contaminated, exceed the maximum size, or are listed here you can take to the Edmonton Waste Management Centre.
- Asphalt rubble
- Asphalt shingles
- Black dirt
- Ceramic or porcelain tile
- Concrete (truck washouts)
- Concrete (with wire mesh or oversized)
- Natural rock (granite, limestone, quartz)
- Parking lot sweepings
- Stucco (with wire mesh)
- Wood (trees, brush, shrubs)
- Yard waste (sod, grass, leaves)
These materials are not accepted at the Southeast and West Recycling sites. Material contaminated with oil, acid or chemicals will also not be accepted.
The Edmonton Waste Management Centre may accept these materials
subject to the applicable waste fee.
Use the WasteWise web app at edmonton.ca/waste to learn what waste materials go where.