The City has resumed accepting new clients into the Assisted Waste Program as of July 3, 2020.
- Ambleside, Coronation, Strathcona and Kennedale Eco Stations are open from 11am-7pm, 7 days a week until the fall
- The reuse areas within the Kennedale and Ambleside Eco Stations will remain closed until Stage 3 of the province’s relaunch plan or the end of August, whichever is later
- Paint drop off is open
Edmonton Waste Management Centre Hours
Reduced weekday hours at the Edmonton Waste Management Centre (EWMC), until further notice. Residents and contractors can also visit the Kennedale Eco Station Monday - Sunday from 11am-7pm to dispose of most waste items. Double check to make sure your waste will be accepted at an Eco Station before visiting.
Cash payments are not available at Eco Stations or the EWMC until further notice. Only credit card and Interac payments will be accepted.
Reminder: Practice physical distancing guidelines when visiting an Eco Station or approaching your waste collector.
Reduced Waste Utility Rates
Reduced waste utility rates will be in effect from June 1 to December 31, 2020. The new monthly rates are:
- $46.52 for curbside/alley collection
- $30.23 for bin collection
- $33.48 for transitional multi-unit customers
There are no planned changes to how waste is collected or processed as a result of the rate reduction. You will continue to receive the same level of service for waste collection. Learn more at edmonton.ca/COVID-19.
The City of Edmonton collects garbage and recycling from over 400,000 single and multi-family homes. This waste material is then taken to the Edmonton Waste Management Centre (EWMC) for proper processing and disposal.
Please separate your garbage from your recycling.
- Food waste
- Smaller worn-out household items and yard waste
- Plastic and styrofoam packaging
Please put your recyclable items in your blue bag such as:
- Tin cans
- Plastic jars and bottles
Household hazardous waste and bulky items should be taken to an Eco Station or to the EWMC for proper disposal. Any sharp objects must be placed in a box labelled ‘sharp.’ All bags must not weigh more than 20kg.
Garbage and blue bags must be out by 7am.
Try the WasteWise app. It will help you sort your waste, find your collection schedule and even play a fun family game.