It’s important to set your carts out properly on your collection day, to ensure that they will be collected. Please refer to the set-out diagram printed on the side of your cart.
- Place your cart at least 1 metre (3 feet) away from other carts, cars or other objects. Three metres (10 feet) of space is required between the top of the cart and overhead branches, wires, and so on.
- Place carts at least 1.5 metres (5 feet) away from fire hydrants, to ensure visibility in the case of an emergency.
- Place your cart on level ground, with the back wheels facing towards the house or driveway. A slight slope is okay as long as the carts are upright and steady.
- If your slope is quite steep, for front street collection you can set your carts out on the street against the curb. For back alley collection, you can set your carts out on a less sloped grassy area next to your alley.
- Make sure the lid is fully closed.
- Place recycling in blue bags nearby, at least 1 metre (3 feet) away from your carts. Do not set out any extra bags or cans of garbage and food waste. Excess waste will not be collected.