The City of Edmonton assesses the Neighbourhood Connections Grant applications on the following criteria. All applicants will be contacted with a grant decision.
- The project aligns to the organization’s mandate
- The leading organization demonstrates a capacity to complete the project
- The project aligns with two or more of the Neighbourhood Funding Program outcomes by demonstrating benefit to or connection within the neighbourhood(s).
- Project expenses and activities are feasible for the timelines given and an expense sheet (budget) is provided.
- The organization or event planner demonstrates they will engage with individuals and groups beyond direct membership.
- The organization or event planner demonstrates they will engage with other partners and neighbourhood stakeholders in the planning, implementation or contribution for the project.
- A 25% matching component is identified in the Expense Sheet (Budget) of the application
The amount of funds requested must be matched by 25% of the total funding amount of cash, in-kind donation and/or volunteer labour. For example, if requesting $2,000 to carry out a project, the applicant must have $500 from other sources of funding, in-kind donations and/or volunteer labour.
As of March 15, 2020, the City of Edmonton Neighbourhood Services recognizes the general volunteer rate at $20 per hour for non-professional labour and $40 per hr for professional/technical labour (including qualified trades and professional services specific to components of the project, such as artists, photographers, or Elders/knowledge keepers, cultural brokers)
Note: Meeting assessment requirements does not guarantee funding. Applicants may receive full, partial or no funding for their projects.