Focusing on Services
Small businesses are vital to Edmonton’s economic growth and vibrancy. Continuing on the work of the Urban Form Business Transformation, we’re doing a two-year initiative to improve City of Edmonton permit and licensing services to make it easier for businesses and homeowners to do the things that matter to them.
This improvement project focuses on services for:
- Homeowners doing renovations
- Contractors doing commercial or residential renovations
- Business owners opening a new business or moving into a new space
Sign up for the Building Edmonton Newsletter and stay tuned for opportunities to learn more and participate.
If you’re looking for more information about day-to-day support for small business you can visit the Small Business Support section.
Urban Form Business Transformation
The Permit and Licensing Improvement project builds on the work of the Urban Form Business Transformation (UFBT) initiative completed in 2019. UFBT focused more on the earlier stages of the Planning and Development process including rezoning, subdivision, plus safety codes inspections. A summary of the improvements are in the UFBT wrap up summary. Some highlights include:
- Enhanced service of the Client Liaison Unit - edmonton.ca/clientliaison
- New rezoning process - edmonton.ca/rezoning
- Evolved subdivision process - edmonton.ca/subdivision
- Improved web content for planning and development services - edmonton.ca/permits
The Permit and Licensing project will focus on the end stages of the planning and development process including renovation permits and business licences.