Skip to main content
Main page content begins here
Are you opening or operating a business in Edmonton? We offer business-friendly services to make your experience as easy as possible.
We provide customized support to business owners of all sizes and stages.
We provide one point of contact for the City permits and licences. Common questions include:
- Location support
- Business licences
- Zoning and business class use
- Development permits
- Building permits
- Home-based business regulations
- Business support grants
Contact our One-on-One Support
Information on what you need to open or grow a business.
The Digital Economy Program provides free digital support to eligible small businesses to establish or improve their digital presence.
Grants to support business and community vibrancy.
Rules and requirements for operating a home-based business.
The City works in partnership with many innovative organizations to make Edmonton a great place to do business. You can take a look at some of our partners below:
- Alberta Health Services helps food handling and personal services related businesses in securing the required permits and making businesses safe for customers.
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping women gain access to capital, connections and business development capacity.
- Business Link is a non-profit organization that assists in navigating the steps of business development, including market research, business planning, human resource advice and income tax information.
- Digital Economy Program provides free digital support to eligible small businesses to establish or improve their digital presence including website development, social media, e-commerce and more.
- Edmonton Global is a regional economic development corporation working to create local, regional, provincial, national and global partnerships and enter a new international market.
- Edmonton Unlimited stewards equitable innovation and intensive entrepreneurship at every stage of business growth from start-up to scale-up.
- Explore Edmonton works in collaboration with tourism industry partners to showcase Alberta's capital city to the world.
- Futurpreneur provides financing, mentoring and support tools to aspiring business owners aged 18-39.
- PrairiesCan is a federal department that aims to help diversify the economy by supporting business, innovation and community economic development in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.