Lower Floor Court Areas and Running Track
The following activities are available for reservation: Badminton, Pickleball, Table Tennis, Squash, Racquetball, Walleyball and Tennis. Please Note: All reservable activities are included with admission except Tennis.
Book A Court Online
- Facility admission is required for all patrons using the reserved court
- Reservations are limited to 2 court reservations per day and limited to 2 hours of back-to-back reservable time
- Reservations can be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to scheduled entry. Cancel online or by calling 311. Reservations cancelled within 24 hours will be considered a "no show".
- The court reservation will be forfeited 10 minutes after your scheduled reservation time if you do not check in for your reservation. This will be considered a "no show".
- Three "no shows" within a 30-day period will result in loss of bookings and inability to reserve courts for an extended timeframe
- Large groups and sport organizations are not permitted to reserve time
- Organized gameplay is not permitted (no tournaments)
- A purchased admission is non-refundable and non-transferable
Field House Programs
Open Court: Open court is available on Court #1 please see Drop-in Open Court Schedule on MoveLearnPlay. Available activities: Basketball, soccer, racquet sports as well as other recreational activities approved by staff.
Upper Running Track: Available for walking or running 7 days a week during our regular hours of operation.
Lower Running Track: Available during drop in times, please see Fitness Centre Schedule on MoveLearnPlay. Available activities: Walking, running, track training, sled & torque tank available.
Training Studios: Training studios are available by reservation. Please Note: Organized training and external trainers are not permitted to reserve the training studio.
Are you looking to learn how to play tennis or maybe wondering how to perfect your serve? Look no further! Tennis Pro Chris Crowley, the Edmonton Junior Tennis Society and Tennis Edmonton have partnered with the City of Edmonton to provide both individual and group tennis lessons at the Kinsmen Sports Centre.
Chris played Junior tennis in Northern Ontario, reaching #1 both at Under14 and Under18 levels. Following this, Chris received a tennis scholarship to the U.S. (Michigan). Chris did a little bit of coaching during these early years, but the focus was mostly on the playing. In 1992, Chris was Track MVP at McGill University, where the next year he completed his graduate work in Theoretical Computer Science.
A revelation occurred in 2013, where Chris realized his calling was to coach tennis. It is a perfect combination of tennis, teaching, thinking, creating and the enjoyment of people, easy to see in retrospect but hidden for so many years. He has been full-on all-in coaching since.
Chris simultaneously brings an intensity and lightness to his coaching. This comes from the realization that nothing is to be taken too seriously, while at the same time, greatness requires an absolute seriousness.
- Level 1 Tennis Instructor Certified
- Working towards Level 2 & 3 (post-injury)
Kinsmen Sports Centre
Edmonton Junior Tennis Society
The Edmonton Junior Tennis Society is a non-profit society which is focused on introducing tennis to kids as a fun and invigorating sport which can be enjoyed by players of all ages. We are affiliated with Tennis Canada and the Alberta Tennis Association and enjoy the support of local sponsors, offering affordable and accessible tennis programs at both indoor and outdoor facilities throughout the city. Our coaches are Tennis Professional Association of Canada-certified instructors who are committed to Tennis Canada’s quality standards, working on skills development while emphasizing that tennis is most of all fun.
Visit the Edmonton Junior Tennis Society webpage
This is Tennis Edmonton! We're a group of tennis loving people in Edmonton. We like to be outside in the summer and inside in the winter, to get exercise and have fun... so if you love tennis, you're in the right place! Whether you want to try it out, play sets, hit around, or just work on your game, you’ll meet friendly people interested in exactly the same thing. We have a board of tennis community members with diverse backgrounds including local coaches, professionals, varsity players, and recreational players - all united by our interest to promote and expand tennis in Edmonton. So come join us and make new friends, exercise, and have an awesome time!
Visit the Tennis Edmonton webpage