There are several parking options depending on which ban is underway.
During a Major Roads Phase 1 Parking Ban, the City clears major roads, core business areas and bus routes such as busy roads like Jasper Avenue or 124 Street. A Residential and Industrial Roads Phase 2 Parking Ban is sometimes called after a Major Roads Parking Ban. These are the quieter roads, like the one in front of your house. It is dependent on many factors, such as the amount of snowfall.
|You Can Park
|Do Not Park
|Major Roads & Bus Routes
- On residential roads that do not have 'Seasonal No Parking' signs
- In parking garages and public parking lots
- On arterial and collector roads until these roads have been cleared
- On bus routes and all roads with 'Seasonal No Parking' signs
- Within the City’s
Residential & Industrial
- On any road that has been cleared if parking is allowed there normally, including 'Seasonal No Parking' areas
- In designated snow and ice alternative parking stalls and lots
- With permission, on surplus parking in a neighbour’s property, for example, a parking space
- On residential or industrial area roads until these roads have been cleared
- In residential alleyways
Note: For each phase, parking will be allowed on roads once they are cleared. You do not have to wait for the City to end the ban before parking on a cleared road.