If your property is located on a corner lot, see the corner lot section
1. Find the zone and overlay that apply to your property
Enter your property’s address at maps.edmonton.ca
- In the general tab, scroll down to find the current zone and overlay sections.
- Note your current zone (RF1, RF2, RF3, RF4, RSL, etc.)
- Note whether overlays is none or Mature Neighbourhood Overlay.
- Need help? See the Zoning and Overlay Guide
2. Review Front Yard Deck Restrictions to understand your location restrictions for your property.
A front deck located within the Mature Neighbourhood Overlay will require abutting property information with your application.
Abutting properties information requirements:
- Left-side neighbour’s front setback measurement: distance between front property line and foundation of house.
- Right-side neighbour’s front setback measurement: distance between front property line and foundation of house.
- Where the abutting lot is vacant, the front setback is that of the next abutting lot.
Abutting Properties Sample & Checklist
If your zone and overlay combination is not listed, you can:
- Submit an application with your proposed project. Anticipate additional time (2 or more weeks) for your complex applications to be processed.
- Contact Us to understand the restrictions specific to your property.