As part of its review of the 2013 preliminary design and grade separations assessment, the Valley Line West team recommended changes to key areas along the LRT alignment. These changes require amendments to the original concept plan.
On March 21, 2018, City Council held a non-statutory public hearing to review the proposed concept plan amendments for Valley Line West LRT. Edmontonians were invited to attend to express their views or listen to the deliberations. In total, 43 members of the public spoke at the public hearing.
Lewis Estates to Downtown, as outlined in Attachment 7 of the March 21, 2018, Integrated Infrastructure Services report CR_5165, be approved.
- Lewis Farms LRT terminus site, 87 Avenue/West of Anthony Henday Drive: Adjust location of LRT Stop and light rail vehicle (LRV) storage facility, increase size of Park & Ride facility to approximately 900 stalls
- Jasper Place Transit Centre: Maintain existing transit centre location west of 156 Street
Lewis Estates to Downtown, be approved:
- 87 Avenue and 178 Street: That the elevated LRT guideway over 178 Street, run along the centre of 87 Avenue
- Stony Plain Road, 155 Street to 156 Street, 156 Street, Stony Plain Road to 99 Avenue and 156 Street LRT Stop
- Street level track alignment with a 90-degree turn from Stony Plain Road to the west side of 156 Street, transitioning back to the centre of 156 Street at 99 Avenue
- Relocate 156 Street LRT Stop to the west side of 156 Street, south of 100A Avenue
- That the LRT crossing at SPR and 149th Street remain at street level but that the configuration of the alignment be determined through ongoing design
- That the LRT alignment along Stony Plain Road between 149 and 156 Streets remain at street level but that the configuration of the alignment be determined through ongoing design