Phase 1 of the Capital Line South extension will begin early construction works in Spring 2022. The competitive process to select a contractor to design and build the extension is launching this year.
About The Project
The extension will be completed in two phases. The first will extend the line from Century Park to Ellerslie Road and Phase 2 will extend from Ellerslie Road to Allard/Desrochers. Concept design for Phase 2 has been advanced.
Capital Line South Phase 1 (Century Park to Ellerslie Road) is a 4.5 km long, high floor LRT and includes:
- An underpass at 23 Avenue
- Bridges crossing Blackmud Creek and Anthony Henday Drive
- A new operations and maintenance facility south of Anthony Henday Drive
- Two new stations at Twin Brooks and Ellerslie Road
- Heritage Valley Park & Ride - a new integrated transit facility next to the Ellerslie Road Station, a transit centre and an expansion of the park and ride