In 2023, EllisDon, the City’s contractor for early works construction, will be excavating and installing shafts at the 23 Avenue and 111 Street intersection to prepare for future tunnelling work for the underpass. As part of preparing the site, utility companies will be relocating underground utility lines at this intersection. The work is anticipated to take up to 18 months, and will require lane closures and pedestrian detours.
Please refer to the Current Activities section below for up to date information on work at the intersection.
Construction Notice - Overnight work will continue at 23 Ave and 111 Street
Construction Notice - Borehole testing - May 8, 2023
Construction Notice - Tree Removals on 111 Street from Saddleback Road to 12 Avenue - May 30, 2023
Construction Notice - Overnight Noise and Median Removal - April 26, 2023
Excavation work at the intersection of 23 Avenue and 111 Street - March 10, 2023
As part of the Capital Line South LRT Extension Project, EPCOR is responsible for relocating all the power, water and drainage utilities to avoid potential conflicts with the future Capital Line South LRT extension infrastructure. Please go to EPCORs project site for information on their work.
EPCOR Power, Drainage and Water
- overview of all EPCOR utility relocations
- utility relocations on 111 Street from 12 to south of 23 Avenue - starting early June
- utility relocations on 111 Street from 19 to 25 Avenue - starting late-May
- specific utility relocations at 9 Avenue and 111 Street - starting mid-May
- specific utility relocations at 12 Avenue and 111 Street - started early April
- utility relocations for the Capital Line South LRT extension - early April