This service is now provided in Edmonton Tower at the Edmonton Service Centre 10111 104 Avenue.
A City of Edmonton search of records is used to retrieve filed information or plans relating to the construction and development of a property.
A search of records and plans request is an examination of the Development Services Records and the Community Standards Investigations files only. A request can be used to:
- Retrieve filed property records or plans relating to the construction and development of a property such as mechanical drawings, floor plans and other construction plans
- Search bylaw infractions on a property for the last 12 months
- Request copies of permits or past inspection results, encroachment agreements or compliance letters, and information such as the builder who constructed your house
Online Application Requirements and Process
Application processing takes approximately 10 (ten) working days; within this time period you will be contacted to view records located, discuss replication options or be advised that no records could be located.
Applications will begin processing once payment has been received. If payment is not received within 30 days, the request will be cancelled, and the application will need to be resubmitted.
Payment can be made online, in person at the Edmonton Service Centre or by mail (cheque only).
Search Requests Requirements
All Search of Records requests must be made by the landowner or an acting agent (developer/builder). Agents who are acting on behalf of a landowner must present an acknowledgement letter from the landowner. Authorization is not required for copies of development and building permits.
Alternative Application Methods
Print and complete Search of Records Application Form
Bring in your application form or mail it with payment (cheque only) to:
- Edmonton Service Centre
2nd Floor, Edmonton Tower, 10111 104 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T5J 0J4
The City of Edmonton does not have any Commercial Building Plans on record prior to 1977 or Residential Building Plans prior to 1985.
There is no guarantee that your request will result in obtaining records, as not all records have been kept on file and/or are subject to varying retention schedules.
Requests for Real Property Reports and Legal Surveys will not be released as the City does not hold the copyright.
Development Permits: All applications are posted on this website in the Daily Listing. This listing reflects applications only, and does not include decisions or approvals.
- 2017 Application Fee: $105 per Titled Lot Search
- Reproduction Fees: Photocopies of most documents are available at $0.25/8" x 11" document. Larger documents cost $1 per sq. ft.