The City of Edmonton understands that the cornerstone of a healthy, citizen-centred municipality is the ability to interact with our city and file complaints.

Complaint Options

Contact 311

Contact 311 online, by phone at 311 or 780-442-5311.

Edmonton Transit Service (ETS)

To provide feedback to ETS about an experience you had on the bus, train, ETS property or with one of our employees, use the following forms:

For general feedback, please use the Rider Feedback Form.

Public meetings

City Council and committee meetings and public hearings are an excellent way to ensure elected leaders directly hear what you have to say.

Be sure to check out the dates and times of different meetings and follow the procedures on how to register.

City Councillors

Contacting your elected members of City Council is another way to register a complaint or concern.

Injury and Property Damage Claims

You can make a claim against the City if you believe the City of Edmonton is responsible for your injury or property damage.

Visit Risk Management to find general information for some of the more frequent types of claims. Should you wish to pursue a claim, visit Submitting a Claim for further information.

For City Employees, Students and Volunteers

Respectful Workplace

The City has a Respectful Workplace Administrative Directive and Procedure to support an inclusive and respectful workplace.

This Directive also addresses concerns of Harassment and Discrimination in the workplace.

Legal Appeal Processes

Similar to all municipalities throughout Alberta, residents of Edmonton have several different ways to appeal a decision taken by a municipality that affects them.

Appeal of Bylaw Tickets

If you have received a bylaw ticket and want to appeal it, contact 311 for information on the different appeal processes since bylaw officers have many different options for addressing problems.

You may also look at the violation ticket issued directly by the bylaw officer or received in the mail that explains the court appearance instructions and other details.

If you want to make a bylaw complaint you can do so online or call 311.

Subdivision and Development Appeal Board

Anyone affected by a decision of the Development Authority or the Subdivision Authority may appeal to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board.

Assessment Review Board

The Assessment Review Board adjudicates assessment disputes between the City of Edmonton and any person or taxpayers affected, in an impartial, fair and timely manner.

Community Standards and Licence Appeal Committee

The Community Standards and Licence Appeal Committee hears and adjudicates appeals of Licensing Decisions, Municipal Government Act Orders and Weed Control Notices.

Photo Radar Enforcement Appeals

Once a registered vehicle owner receives an automated enforcement ticket, it becomes a Provincial Court matter. 

For more information see the Plead Not Guilty section on the Automated Enforment and Photo Radar web page.

Alberta Ombudsman

Anyone who wishes to have the Alberta Ombudsman review a complaint must follow the procedure as set out on the Alberta Ombudsman website.

Please Note: The Alberta Ombudsman is the office of last resort for complaints. Before it can become involved, the appropriate legal appeal process (see examples above) must have been used.