The natural environment provides many services to Edmontonians. It gives us clean air to breathe and water to drink. It also provides opportunities for recreation, to enjoy nature and to clear our heads. You can do many things to preserve existing natural areas or to create new ones around your home.
Here are some tips from the Change Habits For Climate Guide:
- Create an eco-landscape
- Choose heat-loving, drought resistant plants
- Place trees strategically
- Collect rainwater
- Water the lawn early in the morning
- Start composting
- Spread mulch
- Use a push or electric mower
- Guard against invasive species
- Manage pests using Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
For more details on these and other tips, check out the Nature and Biodiversity section of the Change Habits For Climate Guide.