A Right of Entry Agreement is required for the temporary use or access to City-titled land. 
Some of the activities that require a Right of Entry Agreement include:

  • Temporary workspaces
  • Construction laydown areas
  • Geotechnical investigations and borehole drilling
  • The use of all-terrain or utility terrain vehicles through City land for worker, material, or equipment transport
  • Any work that may cause ground disturbance

Right of Entry Agreements are typically made between the City of Edmonton and the primary contractor, a utility agency or a pipeline company.   A Right of Entry Agreement may not be needed if the applicant has an existing Professional Services Agreement or contract with the City of Edmonton.  A Right of Entry Agreement is not required for land survey work, provided that it is done by foot traffic only.